LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Awards season gets going early tomorrow morning with the announcement of the Golden Globe nominations.
- A report finds that fewer college graduates are opting to go into teaching in California.
- Google is using the City of LA's possible switch to Gmail as a marketing tool.
- It seems the recently opened rehab center that caters to a high-end clientele is ruffling feathers in West Hollywood.
- A Beverly Hills charitable organization is offering free $10 taxi vouchers on their website in the hopes of reducing the number of DUIs taking place over the holidays.
- Disneyland's animatronic President Lincoln has been updated with some new technology that will make his face move in a more natural way during the "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" show.
- LA's tap water isn't as clean as you might think, which is why GreenLA Girl suggests getting a filter.