Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Wet weather has caused a number of traffic nightmares in Southern California, including 90 cars stuck on the muddied roads of Angeles Crest Highway, and part of PCH being shut down in the OC.
- Score one for the Yes on 8 (aka anti-gay marriage) camp, as a federal court denied the pro-gay marriage camp the right to see internal communication documents of their opposition.
- An annual ranking names Arcadia as the best California city when it comes to a place for raising kids.
- Congratulations to the 12 Los Angeles-based artists selected to take part in the prestigious 2010 Whitney Biennial February-May in New York City.
- The LADWP Holiday Light Festival and Family Mini Festival in Griffith Park will be closed tonight due to the weather. The events are expected to reopen tomorrow, Sunday, December 13 at 5 pm. (via press release).
- Nobel-schmobel? Pasadena might revive their own civic award, the Noble Award, after a brief absence.
- Good news for late-night eaters: Blogdowntown reports that Spring Street's LA Cafe is going 24 hours.