LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- LAUSD may have to cut 5,000 jobs in a money-saving move. Signal protests.
- A prominent local attorney was found shot dead in his Palos Verdes Peninsula frontyard this morning.
- The L.A. City Council has asked City Attorney Carmen Trutanich to clarify his position on the costs of the Michael Jackson memorial.
- Great video: KTLA's Sam Rubin went off on live on air about Perez Hilton this morning. "He's a talentless dope."
- The St. Louis Rams to Southern California? That's the team that's winning so far in a poll on Huffington Post.
- See's Candy might get to move back into their historic original location on Western Avenue.
- "NY and CA: How Did They Spend Transportation Stimulus Money?" asks Streetsblog
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader