Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Oops, it happened again: A water main break in the wee hours caused flooding, street closures, this time on Oakwood Ave near Normandie.
- Black Friday, black eyes? Fights in two SoCal Walmarts broke out during the shopping madness yesterday.
- The man accused of kidnapping and murdering teen Lily Burk could have been hauled in on a third strike violation a couple of years back, had prosecutors known of his record.
- A fisherman in Marina del Rey managed to hold on for dear life when he was swept out to sea before being rescued by the lifeguards.
- Anyone wondering where Mayor Villaraigosa is this long weekend: He's a guest of honor at an International Book Fair in Mexico.
- Big Brother or good safety measure? "When you buy cold medicine, Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca wants to know about it." (via LA Times.)
- Good news for bad television: Jay Leno's 10 p.m. show enjoying not sliding downward as of this week.