LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Oops, it happened again: A water main break in the wee hours caused flooding, street closures, this time on Oakwood Ave near Normandie.
- Black Friday, black eyes? Fights in two SoCal Walmarts broke out during the shopping madness yesterday.
- The man accused of kidnapping and murdering teen Lily Burk could have been hauled in on a third strike violation a couple of years back, had prosecutors known of his record.
- A fisherman in Marina del Rey managed to hold on for dear life when he was swept out to sea before being rescued by the lifeguards.
- Anyone wondering where Mayor Villaraigosa is this long weekend: He's a guest of honor at an International Book Fair in Mexico.
- Big Brother or good safety measure? "When you buy cold medicine, Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca wants to know about it." (via LA Times.)
- Good news for bad television: Jay Leno's 10 p.m. show enjoying not sliding downward as of this week.