LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Another water main break to report: This one today in Stevenson Ranch also caused a sinkhole.
- 5 freshmen boys from Long Beach's Poly High have been arrested on charges of groping female students during a lunch break last week.
- It "takes a village" it seems to work on saving the Century Plaza Hotel.
- The Valencia High School choir is hoping to raise the $129,000 they need to make it to NYC to play a gig at Carnegie Hall.
- Ladies in Thousand Oaks are being asked to be on the alert; a sexual predator is thought to be out and about.
- If you were looking forward to taking a dip in the (proposed) pool at the (not yet built) SoHo House on the Sunset Strip...you're S.O.L. Sorry!
- Gratuitous stupid celebrity "news" item of the day: Britney Spears' ex was sentenced yesterday here in L.A. to 45 days in jail for leaving the scene of an accident.