Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Another water main break to report: This one today in Stevenson Ranch also caused a sinkhole.
- 5 freshmen boys from Long Beach's Poly High have been arrested on charges of groping female students during a lunch break last week.
- It "takes a village" it seems to work on saving the Century Plaza Hotel.
- The Valencia High School choir is hoping to raise the $129,000 they need to make it to NYC to play a gig at Carnegie Hall.
- Ladies in Thousand Oaks are being asked to be on the alert; a sexual predator is thought to be out and about.
- If you were looking forward to taking a dip in the (proposed) pool at the (not yet built) SoHo House on the Sunset Strip...you're S.O.L. Sorry!
- Gratuitous stupid celebrity "news" item of the day: Britney Spears' ex was sentenced yesterday here in L.A. to 45 days in jail for leaving the scene of an accident.