Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- A small plane made a fiery crash landing in Rosemead around 4:30 this afternoon. It's believed the aircraft hit a light pole, but not any buildings.
- A Blue Line Train crashed into a car left on the tracks near the Vernon Avenue Station last night. The car's owner had planned to commit suicide but changed his mind, and turned himself in after the crash.
- Things are going from bad to worse at the LAUSD: Superintendent Cortines is cautioning employees they will face furloughs and pay cuts next year or else up to 8,500 layoffs due to a $400+ million budget shortfall.
- Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM) Studios has been struggling for sometime, and now they say they might be looking for a buyer. Anyone?
- Teens in the OC, keep your eye on the clock. The authorities are cracking down on unsupervised kids under 17 who are violating the 10 p.m. curfew that's on the books in most cities.
- A water main break in Lancaster led to the formation of a sinkhole that swallowed up a vehicle. The break happened around 10 last night on a line that had been repaired just about one and a half years ago.
- Celebs behaving badly: Headline making starlet Lindsay Lohan allegedly caused a commotion and refused to pay her bill last week while partying at the Crown Bar. Keep it classy, LiLo.