Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Did you notice that it's a little windy out? Power has been knocked out at The Roxy and Rainbow Room in West Hollywood, forcing the closure of both for the night. Gusts are about 50 MPH in LA County and up in the Bay Area, a cable snapped on the Bay Bridge. Expect the conditions to last through tomorrow morning.
- And here are some wind safety tips from the L.A. Fire Department.
- If the city builds a garage on Broadway in downtown, the owner of the historic Los Angeles and Palace theatres will bring them back to life.
- What are the best trick-or-treating neighborhoods in the L.A. region based on "four equally weighted data variables: Zillow Home Value Index, population density, Walk Score, and local crime data"?
- It's a fast-casual restaurant mania at Santa Monica Place. Plans call for Charlie Kabob, Chick n' Ribs and a few others.
- Hey now, Echo Park. "Echo Park’s about to get eco-artsy," finds Green LA Girl.
- Nice: Glendale and Burbank receive federal cash for "smart meters."
- We're rocking two contests right now and giving away two pairs of tickets to R. Crumb's appearence at UCLA Live this Thursday and three pairs of tickets to the Troubadour on Sunday when Black Gold and Girl in a Coma will take stage.