LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- H1N1, aka The Swine Flu, has been declared a National Emergency; President Obama made the proclamation earlier today.
- An apparent gang shooting last night near Compton Avenue and East 92nd Street has left three people wounded.
- Eight people in Long Beach have been treated for a rare form of typhus, but health officials say all the patients have recovered.
- Oopsies! Actor Brad Pitt took a minor spill this afternoon while riding his motorcycle on the mean streets of L.A.
- Four teen girls and one 27-year-old male have been arrested in conjunction with several burglaries of homes belonging to celebrities.
- Check out this excited Polar Bear seen on the beach today as part of the climate action events going on.
- But can he act? I mean...really? Former Laker Rick Fox has a new primetime address: Melrose Place.