LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Thousands of cases of green onions were recalled by a California firm last week with the news going wide today. Question: are you growing your own yet?
- The Downtown Art Walk is this Thursday and the Downtown News examines how it's turned into quite a different beast--street party!--over the past five years.
- After promoting Reverend Jeff Carr to Chief of Staff, Mayor Villaraigosa announced Los Angeles' new gang czar, Guillermo Cespedes.
- For the first time, Disney is giving Space Mountain a halloween makeover!
- A nice sneak peek at the underground Mariachi Plaza light rail station for the Gold Line eastside extension in Boyle Heights.
- Two new schools, an elementary and a middle school, could be breaking ground at the edge of Skid Row in the near future.
- Ready for some sweet sexy video time? A look at yesterday's Labor Day Body Building Championship at Venice Beach.
- It's not even close to the 2011 race for city hall, but Chief of Staff Mitch Englander is readying himself in the race for the 12th District seat (that's the Northwest Valley) by announcing a handful of powerful endorsements.