LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- You've heard, no doubt, that Cash for Clunkers ends tonight. So is Cash for Refrigerators next?
- The price to rest eternally atop Marilyn Monroe is up to $4 million in an eBay auction ending tonight.
- An electrical fire in a North Hollywood home brought to light the fact that the tenant was growing pot on the property. It's likely the excess load on the electricity for the plant-growing equipment caused the blaze.
- It's not all bad news these days for folks in the higher ed field: Many instructors at CSU Fullerton say their campus is the best for tenure.
- A caretaker at a Yucaipa group home was beaten by a steam iron and a wooden dowel by two teenage residents; the man is fighiting for his life after the attack.
- Residents in Sierra Madre have an unwelcome visitor in their neighborhood: A bear!
- Arrghhh, mateys! Piracy is wicked! So says the LAPD, who recently busted an illegal DVD operation running in the Fashion District. That's so unstylish!