Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- You've heard, no doubt, that Cash for Clunkers ends tonight. So is Cash for Refrigerators next?
- The price to rest eternally atop Marilyn Monroe is up to $4 million in an eBay auction ending tonight.
- An electrical fire in a North Hollywood home brought to light the fact that the tenant was growing pot on the property. It's likely the excess load on the electricity for the plant-growing equipment caused the blaze.
- It's not all bad news these days for folks in the higher ed field: Many instructors at CSU Fullerton say their campus is the best for tenure.
- A caretaker at a Yucaipa group home was beaten by a steam iron and a wooden dowel by two teenage residents; the man is fighiting for his life after the attack.
- Residents in Sierra Madre have an unwelcome visitor in their neighborhood: A bear!
- Arrghhh, mateys! Piracy is wicked! So says the LAPD, who recently busted an illegal DVD operation running in the Fashion District. That's so unstylish!