This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Tweety Vacation
- Note to self: Don't Tweet vaca. plans. One SF man, tweeted about his family vacation and came back to a ransacked apartment. Everyone's a suspect!
- Green LA Girl wants to test your penis knowledge. Correctly identify the phallus in the picture to be entered for a chance to win a "big package."
- It was only a matter of time... The "off-the-leashers" are gunning for their own park in Venice. They're actually only going for the hours of 6:30 am - 8 a.m, but still being met with a lot of opposition from local residents. Baby steps...
- Three intruders entered a Harbor Gateway home this morning when a struggle ensued with the homeowner. The homeowner wrestled a gun from one intruder and shot him to death while the other two fled from the scene.
- Bad news coming out of the camp of punk-band, X. Exene Cervenka, released news saying she has multiple sclerosis. She says, "my focus will certainly be on maintaining my health-many people remain strong and continue to live their lives as productively as they had before an MS diagnosis and I plan to be one of those people."
- A woman was found stabbed in her Encino home. Here son is the suspect and the arrest was caught on tape.
- Win tickets to the LA Chamber Orchestra's Silent Film Celebration featuring the group playing music to one of his films. Enter the contest here and good luck!