Extra, Extra: The Mayor's New Girlfriend
LAist relies on reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Reporter fetish? Mayor Villaraigosa has a new girlfriend and she's former Miss USA, current KTLA reporter, Lu Parker. His last known girlfriend was Telemundo's Mirthala Salinas.
- So we know Laurie Ochoa is out at the LA Weekly, but who will fill her shoes? Perhaps you'd like to answer the Craigslist job posting for the gig...
- California wants us to work towards being a big ol' zero. As in "zero-net energy" for every home and building in the state.
- Los Angeles was a total wash-out (or did we get flushed?) with absolutely none of our public toilets making the cut for the America's Best Restroom Competition. Big ups to our pals in SF, as their Union Square Macy's john is a top ten contender.
- Need a job? Apply to work in-home with Susan Block, the "internationally renowned media sexologist and institute director." Not sure how "hands-on" the gig is, though.
- Starting today you can vote in Travel & Leisure mag's "America's Favorite Cities" survey. May we suggest you chime in with what you love about LA? Good news for sk8rs in the LBC. The 14th Street Skate Park is using federal stimulus funds to upgrade the facility.
- Up for sale: Cecil B. DeMille's amazing home.
- Actress Lori Petty was arrested this weekend in a DUI that involves her allegedly hitting a skateboarder.
- On this day in 1926, Norma Jeane Mortenson was born here in Los Angeles, though we all know her as Marilyn Monroe. You can celebrate her short life by going to see Some Like it Hot June 13th at the Million Dollar Theatre in DTLA .