Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- A large fire at a North Hollywood whole sale shoe manufacture kept over 120 firefighters busy this afternoon. The blaze left one firefighter and civilian with non-life threatening injuries
- Speaking of fires, a parking garage in Culver City has fire extinguishers on the first floor. But what if you need one and you're on the fourth floor?
- Last night was the last for Jay Leno on The Tonight Show and the ratings were record breaking for him.
- A government sponsored “Environmental Service Center" in LA County? A motion brought forth to the Board of Supervisors could do just that.
- A suspect involved in a car chase yesterday changed shirts--from white to blue--in an attempt to trick officers. Didn't work. Busted.
- Kolby Kirk is getting into shape this year by setting out to do 100 hikes. He's done a bunch locally and last weekend, he hit up Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Park, sharing three of the hikes (1, 2, 3) so far.
- The body of a man was found in a burned car this morning on a remote stretch of road north of Castaic Lake near the Angeles National Forest this morning. Sheriff's detectives are investigating to see if this was a homicide or not.
- Governor Schwarzenegger spent his weekly radio address answering questions submitted to him via Twitter
- Also: Win tickets to the LA Chamber Orchestra's Silent Film Celebration featuring the group playing music to one of his films. Enter the contest here and good luck!