LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A large fire at a North Hollywood whole sale shoe manufacture kept over 120 firefighters busy this afternoon. The blaze left one firefighter and civilian with non-life threatening injuries
- Speaking of fires, a parking garage in Culver City has fire extinguishers on the first floor. But what if you need one and you're on the fourth floor?
- Last night was the last for Jay Leno on The Tonight Show and the ratings were record breaking for him.
- A government sponsored “Environmental Service Center" in LA County? A motion brought forth to the Board of Supervisors could do just that.
- A suspect involved in a car chase yesterday changed shirts--from white to blue--in an attempt to trick officers. Didn't work. Busted.
- Kolby Kirk is getting into shape this year by setting out to do 100 hikes. He's done a bunch locally and last weekend, he hit up Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Park, sharing three of the hikes (1, 2, 3) so far.
- The body of a man was found in a burned car this morning on a remote stretch of road north of Castaic Lake near the Angeles National Forest this morning. Sheriff's detectives are investigating to see if this was a homicide or not.
- Governor Schwarzenegger spent his weekly radio address answering questions submitted to him via Twitter
- Also: Win tickets to the LA Chamber Orchestra's Silent Film Celebration featuring the group playing music to one of his films. Enter the contest here and good luck!