This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- "OK," is this the best named restaurant in LA?
- Behold a migration of beauty. Thousands of Painted Lady Butterflies have temporarily shacked up in the South Bay on their journey up North.
- All of the more eco-friendly travelers on Metrolinkmay see a hike of up to 5.5% in their fares. There also may be a cost associated with riders transferring to other transit services.
- Need to go to San Fran? Flights out of Long Beach are just $14 on Jet Blue. The catch: You gotta buy by today and fly by Apr. 8th.
- A Rancho Santa Margarita man will be arraigned for embezzling $147,000 from his employer, convincing wife #1 to foot the bill for the $147,000 restitution while getting money from his daughter's college tuition (who doesn't exist) from wife #2..... jeez, this is too hard to keep up with...
- The DWP General Manager, H. David Nahai, is being accused by Brian D'Arcy, who heads the DWP's 8,000-member employees union, of not being a friend of Measure B, "which would have required DWP employees to install solar panels across the city over the next five years." Environmentalists are rallying behind Nahai saying, "we all know his replacement would NOT be an environmentalist -- and without him we'd lose many gains."
- More food recalls due to salmonella. Dry spices being sold in SoCal stores are the next victim.