LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Word broke today that Seattle's main newspaper, the Post-Intelligencer, will cease to print on paper after tomorrow, opting to go online only. Will this be the fate of our LA Times?
- Obama is headed to the Southland...so maybe you want to get your hands on the tasty German food, Obama-Fingers...
- Kids these days! Some middle schoolers in Los Alamitos were busted for using their cellphones for "sexting."
- RIP Ron Silver, the acclaimed actor (and political turnabout) who succumbed to esophageal cancer yesterday at the age of 62.
- Do you enjoy booze bargains and cheap snack food in the Long Beach area? Help the Press-Telegram compile a list of top notch Happy Hours in the area.
- Adult entertainment (c'mon, you know we mean porn) star Jenna Jameson gave birth to twin boys this morning in Newport Beach.
- A HuffPo writer wonders if LA's Fashion Week is dead.
- "More Frequent Service" and "Longer Hours of Operation" are included in Metro's staff recommendations for bus funding under Measure R.
- Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day, so here's an LAist flashback to 2008: How to Cook Perfect Corned Beef & Cabbage.
- Casey Schreiner at Modern Hiker gives us two reasons why Southern California outdoors life is so great: go wildflower hunting in the desert, then hit the slopes for some snowboarding.
- Look out for LAister Julie Wolfson, who is the Guest Blogger this week at the fabulous Design*Sponge.