LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Budget cuts to City programs means they can no longer subsidize the cost of you having your pet spayed or neutered.
- A small plane crash late this morning in a field in Pomona left two people dead and caused a small brush fire.
- The LA Times is going through some choppy times, but they still managed to nab three Scripps Howard National Journalism awards for their work.
- Want to buy a house? How about the one next door to the Playboy Mansion? How about Hugh Hefner's house, which is next door to the Playboy Mansion?
- When the LAUSD arts programs get cut, it leaves parents, teachers, students, and supporters no choice but to get creative about raising funds.
- RIP Alan W. Livingston, the man who created Bozo the Clown and who signed the Beatles to Capitol Records. He died yesterday in Beverly Hills at the age of 91.
- Anna Nicole Smith's lawyer-turned-boyfriend (really?) has probably been called many things in his life. Now he's being called her "enabler."
- And...hold back the applause, cheers, and squeals of delight: OctoMom may get to take two of her eight newborn babies home to her charming new La Habra home on Monday. Aren't we all so happy for her and her family?