Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- The Tarzana bar where an exotic dancer was set on fire recently is appealing the loss of their liquor license. After all, Babes and Beer without the Beer is just...Babes.
- A 23-year-old gang member was sentenced yesterday to two consecutive life terms for two murders he committed on a 2005 shooting spree.
- Directly from the "Stupid Criminals" files comes the San Diego-area man who was arrested on suspicion for his part in a December 2008 robbery. The cops nabbed him when he showed up to take the exam he needed to pass to become...a police officer.
- Today was day one of a weekend-long job fair aiming to fill 500 positions with the Dodgers, held at Dodger Stadium. The gigs are all game-day hospitality-type jobs.
- 97.1 FM's demographic was meant to be 25-54-year-old men, but the LA Times' Meghan Daum is mourning the silence after yet another local radio station goes to robot teen-beat programming...aka to the sh*tter.
- Good news for LAX, Westchester, and aircraft passengers: Landings are safer and quieter at the busy airport.
- Which politicians made Mayor's Sam's shortlist for the nominees for the illustrious "Ass Clown" of January/February 2009 award? Cast your vote!
- "How do I love the LA Chamber Orchestra? Let me count the ways..." Get out your quill and rhyming dictionary and enter our ticket contest!