LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- "Gay activists" in Alabama protested OC's inaugural envoy Pastor Rick Warren as he spoke about MLK Day and how it was more important to him than the invocation he'll give as a part of tomorrow's festivities.
- You might be watching it at home in your robe and slippers, or taking part in some of the events going on around town, but here's how local schools will be taking in tomorrow's Presidential Inauguration.
- An OC cyclist struck by a vehicle today was sent to Mission Hospital for treatment, and the CHP is working on the case.
- It was a rougher ride than expected in the wee hours this morning, as two people had to be airlifted out of Angeles National Forest when their vehicle got stuck on a road.
- They may have fired their theatre editor, but the LA Weekly still manages to hail the best in LA's theatre as they announce their nominees for their annual theatre awards.
- We've got the pictures (lots of 'em) from AVN in Vegas, held earlier this month. Here's a video report from the event.
- From somewhere in North Hollywood comes this recently recorded podcast featuring an interview with local sex and relationships online personality The Blazing Shark (read our intro to her).
- Drumroll please...it's the newly re-designed restaurant locator and menu aggregate MenuPages. Very helpful when you're looking to branch out your local delivery options or you've just moved into a new 'hood.