This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Photo from up on Mulholland by Gamma Infinity via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr
- "Gay activists" in Alabama protested OC's inaugural envoy Pastor Rick Warren as he spoke about MLK Day and how it was more important to him than the invocation he'll give as a part of tomorrow's festivities.
- You might be watching it at home in your robe and slippers, or taking part in some of the events going on around town, but here's how local schools will be taking in tomorrow's Presidential Inauguration.
- An OC cyclist struck by a vehicle today was sent to Mission Hospital for treatment, and the CHP is working on the case.
- It was a rougher ride than expected in the wee hours this morning, as two people had to be airlifted out of Angeles National Forest when their vehicle got stuck on a road.
- They may have fired their theatre editor, but the LA Weekly still manages to hail the best in LA's theatre as they announce their nominees for their annual theatre awards.
- We've got the pictures (lots of 'em) from AVN in Vegas, held earlier this month. Here's a video report from the event.
- From somewhere in North Hollywood comes this recently recorded podcast featuring an interview with local sex and relationships online personality The Blazing Shark (read our intro to her).
- Drumroll please...it's the newly re-designed restaurant locator and menu aggregate MenuPages. Very helpful when you're looking to branch out your local delivery options or you've just moved into a new 'hood.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.