This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Photo by phot0matt via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr
- US Airways flight 1549 crashed into the Hudson River this afternoon. Gothamist has the full details.
- The City's recent transportation committee meeting ended with a moratorium on bicycle licenses and the increase of speed limits on some Valley streets.
- Ding-Dong, here's that 30 lbs. of weed you ordered.
- Do all of your resolutions to get slimmer and spend less mean that we're going to push away our best friend, bacon, for a cheaper alternative?
- Count a win for the opposition in the proposed liquefied natural gas facility in Santa Monica Bay supposed to be built this year. It's been scrapped because of the "changing market conditions."
- A good samaritan was shot and killed earlier this morning when he tried to intervene on a carjacking. Police believe the carjacking was gang related.
- Commercial building owner may be forced to drop rent's by as much as 30 percent, meaning it's a good time to lease some office space. Bad part is keeping your business afloat during this recession.
- Daily News employees, don't buy that new LCD TV you want, no more raises and the possibility of losing their jobs looms is not making for a good week.
- Recession, Recession, Recession, it's all we hear about, right? Well, here's another time -- SoCal and Mexico have been working together to boost our tourism. We need some dolla bills, ya'll!
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.