Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- US Airways flight 1549 crashed into the Hudson River this afternoon. Gothamist has the full details.
- The City's recent transportation committee meeting ended with a moratorium on bicycle licenses and the increase of speed limits on some Valley streets.
- Ding-Dong, here's that 30 lbs. of weed you ordered.
- Do all of your resolutions to get slimmer and spend less mean that we're going to push away our best friend, bacon, for a cheaper alternative?
- Count a win for the opposition in the proposed liquefied natural gas facility in Santa Monica Bay supposed to be built this year. It's been scrapped because of the "changing market conditions."
- A good samaritan was shot and killed earlier this morning when he tried to intervene on a carjacking. Police believe the carjacking was gang related.
- Commercial building owner may be forced to drop rent's by as much as 30 percent, meaning it's a good time to lease some office space. Bad part is keeping your business afloat during this recession.
- Daily News employees, don't buy that new LCD TV you want, no more raises and the possibility of losing their jobs looms is not making for a good week.
- Recession, Recession, Recession, it's all we hear about, right? Well, here's another time -- SoCal and Mexico have been working together to boost our tourism. We need some dolla bills, ya'll!