LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- US Airways flight 1549 crashed into the Hudson River this afternoon. Gothamist has the full details.
- The City's recent transportation committee meeting ended with a moratorium on bicycle licenses and the increase of speed limits on some Valley streets.
- Ding-Dong, here's that 30 lbs. of weed you ordered.
- Do all of your resolutions to get slimmer and spend less mean that we're going to push away our best friend, bacon, for a cheaper alternative?
- Count a win for the opposition in the proposed liquefied natural gas facility in Santa Monica Bay supposed to be built this year. It's been scrapped because of the "changing market conditions."
- A good samaritan was shot and killed earlier this morning when he tried to intervene on a carjacking. Police believe the carjacking was gang related.
- Commercial building owner may be forced to drop rent's by as much as 30 percent, meaning it's a good time to lease some office space. Bad part is keeping your business afloat during this recession.
- Daily News employees, don't buy that new LCD TV you want, no more raises and the possibility of losing their jobs looms is not making for a good week.
- Recession, Recession, Recession, it's all we hear about, right? Well, here's another time -- SoCal and Mexico have been working together to boost our tourism. We need some dolla bills, ya'll!