Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Tomorrow is Veteran's Day, and many folks will have the day off (some lucky folks also got to make a 4-day weekend out of it and stay home today, too!). Friday, however, kicks off "Fleet Week" here in Los Angeles, which is one week full of events focused on the Air Force.
- Whoops, that's not the brake... An 18-year-old woman drove her car into a 7-11 in Fountain Valley early this morning, having allegedly mistaken the gas for the brake. (What's not in this article that was on a newscast today: She told authorities "I don't have a license. I just drive." Yikes.)
- A 72-year-old motorist and a LA Co. Sheriff's Deputy both remain hospitalized after their collision Saturday in Covina. The officer was responding to an emergency call when he collided with the driver of the other vehicle.
- No, no, Monrovia: Vroman's opts not to expand their popular bookstore to Old Town Monrovia.
- Better luck next time: A Whittier man was knocked out of the World Series of Poker tournament in Las Vegas.
- The next time you head down to Disneyland, you may want to pick up a copy of the Imagineers' Field Guide, which points out interesting facts about the history and architecture of the 50+ year old theme park.
- Drop that chalk! A Loyola Marymount student was escorted away by three officers on the campus last week as he was using regular chalk to draw politically-themed messages on Election eve and was held for allegedly committing "vandalism."
- Are you maybe looking for an interesting new volunteering opportunity that will have you interacting with people and outside in one of LA County's loveliest garden settings? You might want to head over to Descanso Gardens on Nov. 14th to find out about volunteering.