Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Former Blink-182 drummerTravis Barker has been released from the Georgia hospital where he's been recuperating since the plane crash that took the lives of 4 of the passengers. DJ AM (nee Adam Goldstein), who was released last week, and Barker were the only survivors; both are expected to fully recover.
- Perhaps this new trade school in the Bay Area can be a model for a similar school here in LA--they train youth for careers in the medical marijuana industry.
- The best 16 teachers in LA County were announced today; 2 of them hail from the troubled LAUSD.
- A 28-year-old North Hollywood man has been arrested in the shooting death of a 37-year-old Sherman Oaks man, who was fired at in an industrial part of North Hollywood Saturday night.
- It's looking like the Echo Park property that's home to the Barlow Respiratory Hospital could be turned into condos.
- Around 700 athletes took place in the first ever Orange County Triathlon this weekend; some finishes were more dramatic than most.
- Did you hear the one about the tattooed fireman? Ok, we didn't either but a recent column on the subject in the Times has sparked a "culture war."
- You still have a chance to win tickets to see David Byrne live at the Greek with Brian Eno. Check out our ticket contest!