Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Looks like California Governor Arnold Schwargenegger could be a no-show at the upcoming RNC. He says he will remain in California until the state budget remains unresolved.
- Sometimes an early-morning jog isn't safe--at least it wasn't yesterday morning at around 6:30 when a jogger was struck and killed by a drunk driver. (Drunk at 6:30 a.m.? Yikes.)
- Glendale firefighters made a sad discovery early this morning as they fought a blaze in a residence. A badly burned body was found in the bedroom, but no further information has been released regarding how the fire happened or who the victim is.
- Lesbian activist Del Martin, who married her longtime partner in San Francisco on the very first day same-sex marriage was legalized in California, has died. She was 87. Her wife, Phyllis Leon, was by her side when she passed away.
- What happened to "One day at a time?" Actress and post-rehab anti-drug spokesperson Mackenzie Phillips was arrested at LAX this morning on charges of possessing heroin and cocaine in her luggage.
- A recent audit has raised the question: Why do LA social workers file so many vehicle crash claims, and for so much money?
- There are plenty of fans of Top Chef out there (and you know where you stand on the love/hate debate about Season 2's Marcel), so this might be for you: Defamer shares with us that the one-time runner-up to the big prize was busted just south of here in Laguna Beach this weekend for driving drunk.
- Congrats to Sacramento Bee's Capitol Alert blog who yesterday turned 1,000 (posts that is)!! It's a great blog on capitol politics that help us down here understand what's going up there, especially with our local representatives. Our only complaint is that (free) registration is required and there is no RSS. Boo.