Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Dr. Dre's son was found dead in his Woodland Hills home on Saturday morning. The cause of death is still pending a toxicology report.
- This upcoming weekend is a 3-day one and fewer are expected travel and it's all because of the usual suspects: economy, gas, yeah.
- blogdowntown has an excellent look into why the focused and detailed city planning in San Diego kicks Los Angeles' booty. "The bottom line? Where it can take a year to get approvals here in Los Angeles, the process takes perhaps three months in San Diego," they write.
- Who loves public transit? Barack Obama's vice presidential choice, Joe Biden. He commutes to work each day by rail.
- There's a nice mural going up (for the second time) in the Bicycle District, aka Hel-Mel, aka Heliotrope and Melrose (take your pick at naming the hood).
- Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is still saying he will veto any bill put on his desk unless the budget is passed. This threatens a piece of legislation that could pave the way for $30 to $40 billion in extra transit funding for LA County only.
- Three people were injured when they were attacked by a swarm of bees in Covina earlier today. Eeek!
- Offshore drilling out in the ocean from Santa Barbara? It looks like the beachside town's city council may take a yes vote tomorrow.