Extra, Extra: Soft, Firm, or Extra Firm
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- The state budget woes are about to force the Governor to give the axe to about 22,000 temporary, part-time, and contract jobs. Oh, and BONUS--this executive order "would stop most overtime and allow him to roll back salaries for nearly 200,000 state workers to the federal minimum wage of $6.55 an hour." Sweet.
- Water agencies, it is time to come together to fight drought!
- Sorry party-loving collegiate Angelenos, our city doesn't make the grade, per the Princeton review. (I guess LA's party cred is reserved for Hollywoodites with penchants for drinking and driving and famous under-agers on the club scene.)
- Are you at all curious about how "deadly" your daily commute is? We're talking fatalities on the freeways, not how toxic the fumes are, how the long drive keeps you out of shape, or how many brain cells your nifty Bluetooth headset rots per minute.
- It may soon be time to say sayonara to the weed forest that has cropped up at 9th and Grand. No, not that kind of weed, stoner!
- L.A. Now can hook you up with an audio-visual tour of the Fairfax District. (Of course, if you're more the visual-literary type, we can also see to your Fairfax & Fairfax Village info needs.)
- You heard it here first--well, in a premonition-type way. The Tofu Fest is no more. EaterLA shared the official word from the bean curd's mouth; last year was indeed just that--the last year.
- Ex-LAist Editor Tony Pierce, now of the LA Times = really big in the UK. Like, "head honcho" big. Nice job, TP!