This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Gas Prices Gone Way Down
- Gas prices have gone down in California... two-tenths of a penny. W00t!
- A Villaraigosa/Yaroslavsky mayoral slugfest in next year's election? Nope, sorry. Zev wants to stay County style, at least for now.
- A longtime Beatles friend and business associate, Neil Aspinall, has died of lung cancer. Earlier today, LAist visits Ruttlemania, a Beatles lover's dream.
- Updates have been added to this morning's Warner Center post. Last in: started by sparks from a welder's torch.
- Another update to an earlier post, this one where a car crashed into a Burbank post office. It was an 88-year-old lady who investigators believe mistook the brake for the gas.
- "We have an Eco-Village?" CurbedLA does a little schooling.
- Scary wrong way car crash in San Bernadino today: wrong-way driver ejected out of the car at impact, driver of other car with chest injuries and his passenger trapped between the floor boards and the dash.
- Oh, those crazy pictures Google catches on their maps street view function. This one from Chicago.