Extra, Extra: How to Enthrall Your Oscar-Watching Companions
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Some overall good news for Metro: Ridership is up across the system, though it's down on bus lines, and up on rail and dedicated lane bus lines.
- Here’s a pretty cool shot of the construction work going on at Dodger Stadium.
- To enthrall your Oscar-watching companions: 10 Fun Facts About Oscar Statuettes.
- Speaking of the Academy Awards, past host Billy Crystal has some advice for new host Seth MacFarlane.
- Agoura Hills Patch got a sneak taste preview of Taco Bell's upcoming Cool Ranch Doritos Taco shell; the rest of us plebes have to wait until March 7.
- All of L.A.’s traffic signals are now synched.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).