Extra, Extra: How to Enthrall Your Oscar-Watching Companions
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Some overall good news for Metro: Ridership is up across the system, though it's down on bus lines, and up on rail and dedicated lane bus lines.
- Here’s a pretty cool shot of the construction work going on at Dodger Stadium.
- To enthrall your Oscar-watching companions: 10 Fun Facts About Oscar Statuettes.
- Speaking of the Academy Awards, past host Billy Crystal has some advice for new host Seth MacFarlane.
- Agoura Hills Patch got a sneak taste preview of Taco Bell's upcoming Cool Ranch Doritos Taco shell; the rest of us plebes have to wait until March 7.
- All of L.A.’s traffic signals are now synched.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).