Extra, Extra: Swimming in Frigid Waters, Hangover Cures from Rich People, and Oscar Predictions
Today on Giving Tuesday, LAist needs your support.
Today, your donation to LAist will be matched dollar for dollar. Your tax-deductible that gift powers our reporters and keeps us independent will be felt twice as strong today, so don't delay!
- Breaking: warm weather makes people want to exercise more.
- Locals participated in the Polar Bears' New Years Day Swim at Cabrillo Beach.
- A man who escaped from a San Diego prison yesterday in a fire truck is still at large.
- Three people killed in a shooting in Coronado last night have been identified as two Navy officers and one of the officers' sisters.
- Here's what Gwyneth Paltrow thinks you should do about your hangover. (Hint: one hangover cure is produced by a company Paltrow has invested in. What a coincidence!)
- Now that it's 2012 and everything, Oscar predictions are heating up.
- Here are some cleaning tips for the new year.