This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- UC Irvine has set the world record for the largest dodgeball game.
- 12 pot dispensaries in San Diego may be shut down due to their proximity to schools.
- A woman who was found stabbed to death in Van Nuys has been identified as 33-year-old Ana Lopez Raquel Beltran of Beverly Hills.
- The house used in "Twilight" as the site of Bella's high school prom is on the market.
- A Huntington Beach woman is suing the Ocean View School District, claiming that the district discriminated against her because of her sexual orientation.
- The Bicycle Kitchen is hosting a concert to help raise funds for a new location.
- Fellow cyclists put up a ghost bike where Jocelyn Young was killed a few days ago.