This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- School time! 10,000 new students started at UCLA.
- Four new exhibits have opened at the Pasadena Museum of California Art.
- West Hollywood is considering a fur ban.
- A 24-year-old woman who went missing from Newport Beach nearly a month ago has been found safe.
- Taylor Armstrong is going public with the details of her late husband's physical abuse.
- An L.A. city building inspector has been sentenced to 21 months in jail after being caught on tape taking bribes by the FBI.
- State laws regarding whooping cough vaccinations for students may get tougher.