This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The State Senate has approved the second half of the California Dream Act.
- A Cerritos High football coach has resigned after a player accused him of hitting and throwing a football at his face.
- A stuntman who performed in "The Hangover II" is suing Warner Bros. after being in an accident on set that he says left him with brain injuries.
- The L.A. Kings are dropping purple from their official team colors.
- The fight over condoms in porn has been taken up in Florida in addition to California.
- Firefighters rescued a cat trapped between two cinder block walls in North Hollywood.
- Some Newport Beach streets were flooded when a high tide mingled with huge swells.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.