Today on Giving Tuesday, LAist needs your support.
Today, your donation to LAist will be matched dollar for dollar. Your tax-deductible gift that powers our reporters and keeps us independent will be felt twice as strong today, so don't delay!
- Sorry, Phil: The CA Supreme Court turns down an appeal in Phil Spector's murder conviction.
- Headed to the Sunset Strip Music Festival this weekend? WeHo Patch gives some tips on getting there by public transit or where to park.
- A midwife-in-training was found guilty for practicing medicine without a license after delivering a baby in a woman's home.
- If you're a parent getting ready to send the kiddos back to school, you might want to check out this upcoming Sustainable School Lunches workshop.
- Whitey Bulger's ladyfriend pleads not guilty.
- TV's "All My Children" is moving to the internet, but will Erica Kane move with it?
- Here in L.A. we're home to the $18 cocktail, so while a $13 one might sound like a bargain (ha!), Liquor.com takes a look at what makes a drink cost so much.