This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Sorry, Phil: The CA Supreme Court turns down an appeal in Phil Spector's murder conviction.
- Headed to the Sunset Strip Music Festival this weekend? WeHo Patch gives some tips on getting there by public transit or where to park.
- A midwife-in-training was found guilty for practicing medicine without a license after delivering a baby in a woman's home.
- If you're a parent getting ready to send the kiddos back to school, you might want to check out this upcoming Sustainable School Lunches workshop.
- Whitey Bulger's ladyfriend pleads not guilty.
- TV's "All My Children" is moving to the internet, but will Erica Kane move with it?
- Here in L.A. we're home to the $18 cocktail, so while a $13 one might sound like a bargain (ha!), Liquor.com takes a look at what makes a drink cost so much.