LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- A power outage left 1,000 people in Marina Del Ray in the dark.
- The L.A. Times and the Sacramento Bee are suing the California State Assembly for refusing to release the spending records and office budgets of its members.
- A former carnival worker has been arrested over a 1978 murder.
- David Beckham gifted his used, dirty soccer shirt to a fan.
- A local slam poetry group is profiled.
- The story behind Jonathan Gold's recent L.A. Times op-ed on banning shark's fins.
- OC schools might get a waiver from No Child Left Behind.