This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Ashton Kutcher's "Two and a Half Men" character will be a broken-hearted billionaire.
- You too can own a house with a penis-shaped pool.
- Fresh & Easy is looking into opening smaller express stores in the U.S.
- Firefighers put out a blaze in a commercial building near Compton.
- An unlicensed driver was at the wheel in a fatal crash on PCH.
- A gray whale stuck in a California river is being helped -- and studied -- by scientists.
- A patient at a state mental hospital has plead guilty to killing a staff member at the facility.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.