LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A sculpture of a blue penis popped up and then disappeared in Echo Park.
- Two people were killed in a car crash in Pomona.
- No coyotes were shot after a three-day permit was enacted for a company to kill the animals expired.
- A married couple in Orange County have been arrested after faking the husband's death.
- Gabrielle Giffords returned to Washington to vote on the debt-ceiling bill.
- A tour leads pedestrians down stretches of Wilshire Blvd.
- According to a bill signed by Governor Jerry Brown, juries and judges won't be able to rely solely on testimony provided by jailhouse informants to make convictions.