This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A sculpture of a blue penis popped up and then disappeared in Echo Park.
- Two people were killed in a car crash in Pomona.
- No coyotes were shot after a three-day permit was enacted for a company to kill the animals expired.
- A married couple in Orange County have been arrested after faking the husband's death.
- Gabrielle Giffords returned to Washington to vote on the debt-ceiling bill.
- A tour leads pedestrians down stretches of Wilshire Blvd.
- According to a bill signed by Governor Jerry Brown, juries and judges won't be able to rely solely on testimony provided by jailhouse informants to make convictions.