Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Despite LA's decision to end the red-light camera program, some cities say they'll keep it around.
- New senior housing is going up in Echo Park, and it's causing a bit of a blight in the construction phase.
- Here's the scoop on the new "Thundercats" show.
- A Sherman Oaks woman has died following a blown out tire while driving on a highway in Barstow.
- City Council Transportation Committee Chair Bill Rosendahl rides a bike for the first time in 30 years.
- There's a phony lawyer on the loose in California.
- If you need to cool off as temps hit the three-digits this weekend, check out some of the city's cooling centers.