LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Despite LA's decision to end the red-light camera program, some cities say they'll keep it around.
- New senior housing is going up in Echo Park, and it's causing a bit of a blight in the construction phase.
- Here's the scoop on the new "Thundercats" show.
- A Sherman Oaks woman has died following a blown out tire while driving on a highway in Barstow.
- City Council Transportation Committee Chair Bill Rosendahl rides a bike for the first time in 30 years.
- There's a phony lawyer on the loose in California.
- If you need to cool off as temps hit the three-digits this weekend, check out some of the city's cooling centers.