This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Planking and owling are clearly over -- enter the leisure dive.
- Vernon Central street vendors face deportation as they try to sell their wares.
- X Games 17 started up in downtown LA today.
- Swoosie Kurtz introduces the world to the term "sexual funny bone."
- An LA Times columnist is speaking out about being laid off.
- Little monsters are beginning to line up in anticipation of Lady Gaga's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" performance.
- After an evacuation yesterday following a train derailment, Antelope Valley residents are being allowed back in their homes.