This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Planking and owling are clearly over -- enter the leisure dive.
- Vernon Central street vendors face deportation as they try to sell their wares.
- X Games 17 started up in downtown LA today.
- Swoosie Kurtz introduces the world to the term "sexual funny bone."
- An LA Times columnist is speaking out about being laid off.
- Little monsters are beginning to line up in anticipation of Lady Gaga's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" performance.
- After an evacuation yesterday following a train derailment, Antelope Valley residents are being allowed back in their homes.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.