LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Planking and owling are clearly over -- enter the leisure dive.
- Vernon Central street vendors face deportation as they try to sell their wares.
- X Games 17 started up in downtown LA today.
- Swoosie Kurtz introduces the world to the term "sexual funny bone."
- An LA Times columnist is speaking out about being laid off.
- Little monsters are beginning to line up in anticipation of Lady Gaga's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" performance.
- After an evacuation yesterday following a train derailment, Antelope Valley residents are being allowed back in their homes.