This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Felix the Cat was spotted in Mid-City.
- The two suspects arrested in connection to the beating of Bryan Stow may have attacked other Giants fans as well.
- Arnold has refiled his divorce papers, and they're nicer this time around.
- Katy Perry shows the world how to wear a dress with a smurf on it.
- Rumors abound about which Dodgers might be traded.
- Whoopi Goldberg has apologized for disparaging remarks she made about Crystal Harris, Hugh Hefner's one-time fiance.
- Following an autopsy, there is still no conclusive evidence as to how Amy Winehouse died.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.