This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- All LA libraries were open today, a Monday, for the first time in nearly a year.
- A Venice woman is missing after abandoning her possessions following the loss of her cat.
- Justin Bieber crashed a wedding in Malibu.
- The Echo Park rec center is still open, despite other renovations happening within the park.
- LA City Councilmember Eric Garcetti will appear once again on "The Closer" tonight as a mayor.
- There's a time lapse video of the Mulholland Bridge being demolished.
- A woman headed towards Los Angeles followed her GPS onto train tracks and got stuck.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.