Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- He's fighting a legal battle as the accused in his wife's murder, and now Bruce Beresford-Redman is fighting off his creditors.
- Any guesses as to how many arrests were made in Newport Beach for the Fourth of July? Hint: More than last year!
- The cyclist killed by a hit-and-run driver near Dockweiler Beach early yesterday morning has been ID'd as 31-year-old Patrick Timothy Loudon.
- A fire that broke out last night in Chatsworth was likely caused by illegal fireworks.
- One very generous CSUN basketball player won $40k in a contest, then turned around and donated his winnings to his competitors.
- Hungry for a fun fundraising food event? Grub Street L.A. previews who will be at the upcoming Extravaganza for the Senses.
- This ain't no birdseed: That little social networking site Twitter has been valued at $7 Billion.