This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Here's how to tell the difference between firecrackers and gunshots.
- A San Diego toddler is alive after being accidentally run over by a lifeguard truck on the beach while her father was surfing.
- Weather could get up to the triple digits in some parts of SoCal this weekend.
- A police standoff shut down an East Long Beach intersection this afternoon.
- Maria and Arnold aren't the only Hollywood couple splitting up today -- Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds' divorce is now final.
- Rick Springfield will face two misdemeanor DUI counts after being pulled over driving in Malibu while allegedly drunk.
- A Studio City man was placed under arrest in connection with a firearms trafficking case.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.