Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- The Pope sent the holiest of holytweets (his first!).
- The Baldwin Hills Conservancy awarded $570,000 to Culver City to safety up the intersection where a group of Midnight Ridazz were hit by a car earlier this month.
- A group called “Push Back The Tax” is planning to fight proposed increases to water and power rates in LA.
- More lesbians live in Northern California, while more gay men live in Southern California.
- Scorned women have a new patron saint: Sabrina Renee Robinson was arrested on charges of holding hostage, beating and torturing her cheating boyfriend.
- A South Los Angeles elementary school teacher was hit with gunfire from off-campus.
- A free lunch program has been launched for the 18 and under set in Inglewood.