LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Lindsay Lohan won't serve jail time for drinking, because she's allowed to do so under her probation.
- A health care provider in Torrance may have had over 15,000 medical records stolen.
- A former USC Trojan football player admitted to taking $14,000 in illegal payments while playing for the school.
- Pixar is getting its first bad reviews ever, for "Cars 2."
- Three people were killed and another wounded in a shooting in Riverside County.
- "Glee" star Corey Monteith talks about his solo record deal with Columbia Records.
- Deets have been released about the California lifestyle of James "Whitey" Bulger. We wonder if he ever went to Sonny McLean's.