This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Lindsay Lohan won't serve jail time for drinking, because she's allowed to do so under her probation.
- A health care provider in Torrance may have had over 15,000 medical records stolen.
- A former USC Trojan football player admitted to taking $14,000 in illegal payments while playing for the school.
- Pixar is getting its first bad reviews ever, for "Cars 2."
- Three people were killed and another wounded in a shooting in Riverside County.
- "Glee" star Corey Monteith talks about his solo record deal with Columbia Records.
- Deets have been released about the California lifestyle of James "Whitey" Bulger. We wonder if he ever went to Sonny McLean's.