LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A husband who fatally shot his wife and then himself did so because she told him she was filing for divorce.
- A middle school student scored a perfect 800 on the biology SAT.
- The Winklevi have dropped their infamous lawsuit against Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook.
- El Segundo City Council has rejected a company's proposal to host a beer and wine festival in one of their parks.
- Former LA Times reporter Chuck Philips wants the newspaper to run a front-page apology for their front-page retraction of his story about the shooting of Tupac Shakur.
- After admitting to molesting a 5-year-old girl on his CHP job application, a man has been sentenced to 30 years in jail.
- Surfers looking to swap out their old boards can do so at this weekend's SurfSwap in San Clemente.