This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- An LA-based movie about illegal immigration and gangs hires real gang members as actors.
- A former NFL linebacker is standing trial for the murder of his lover's boyfriend.
- The former producer for "Survivor" who's charged with murdering his wife in Mexico wants the couple's 6-year-old daughter to testify on his behalf.
- Former Bell City Administrator Robert Rizzo's house is on the market.
- The salaries of some city employees in OC are in question in a grand jury report.
- A couple who loves "Star Wars" is getting help form their fellow fans to pay for medical treatment for their baby daughter, Leah.
- Film shoots in Los Angeles, which the industry has fretted about, saw a 20% increase last week.