LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- An LA-based movie about illegal immigration and gangs hires real gang members as actors.
- A former NFL linebacker is standing trial for the murder of his lover's boyfriend.
- The former producer for "Survivor" who's charged with murdering his wife in Mexico wants the couple's 6-year-old daughter to testify on his behalf.
- Former Bell City Administrator Robert Rizzo's house is on the market.
- The salaries of some city employees in OC are in question in a grand jury report.
- A couple who loves "Star Wars" is getting help form their fellow fans to pay for medical treatment for their baby daughter, Leah.
- Film shoots in Los Angeles, which the industry has fretted about, saw a 20% increase last week.