LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A man has been arrested after throwing scalding hot water on a Starbucks employee.
- A Santa Ana gang member has been sentenced to life in prison after being found guilty of mistakenly shooting an 18-year-old he believed to be in a rival gang.
- Firefighters were called in to extinguish a blaze in a garage on Lucile Street in Silver Lake.
- Newport Beach has the most expensive homes in the country.
- A body was found in the back of a burning truck in San Bernadino.
- A person was freed from a vehicle on the Glendale Freeway after being trapped there following an accident.
- The UMMA Community Center in South L.A. is profiled.