This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A man has been arrested after throwing scalding hot water on a Starbucks employee.
- A Santa Ana gang member has been sentenced to life in prison after being found guilty of mistakenly shooting an 18-year-old he believed to be in a rival gang.
- Firefighters were called in to extinguish a blaze in a garage on Lucile Street in Silver Lake.
- Newport Beach has the most expensive homes in the country.
- A body was found in the back of a burning truck in San Bernadino.
- A person was freed from a vehicle on the Glendale Freeway after being trapped there following an accident.
- The UMMA Community Center in South L.A. is profiled.