LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A man who officials believe may have been the "Gen X Bandit" from Irvine was shot and killed by police officers in San Francisco.
- Pasadena's 125th birthday celebration will be held on June 11.
- LA's share of pilot production is down from last year.
- A man arrested for a 2009 murder that stemmed from a derogatory text message has disappeared after being released on bail.
- An intern has been accused of videotaping men in the Santa Ana City Hall bathroom, using a cell phone.
- California is the number one state in the nation when it comes to GDP.
- A middle-aged man jumped off a building to his death on a busy street during lunchtime in Long Beach.