LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A section of Angeles Crest Highway that was damaged in last year's Station fire will reopen on Friday.
- Shaquille O’Neal has announced his retirement...via Twitter.
- Gjelina restaurant applied its “no changes, no substitutions” policy to Victoria Beckham, and pissed off her dining companion, Gordon Ramsay.
- So much drama in the LBC: a Long Beach police officer has been sentenced to a year in jail for embezzlement.
- Two warehouses growing pot in Moreno Valley were raided by federal agents.
- Giovanni Ramirez, the lead suspect in the Bryan Stow case, took a lie detector test today, the results of which have not yet been made public.
- A 22-year-old Riverside man has been charged with sexually assaulting a young girl over 100 times since January.