Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- A wealthy businessman who hired a hitman to kill his wife during a bitter divorce faces the death penalty.
- Two roommates were attacked by a registered sex offender.
- Ladies, start your engines: Zach Morris is back on the market.
- Bathrooms on the beach are being called a health concern now that cleaning has been scaled back.
- The second safe surrender of this year took place when a woman dropped her newborn baby off at a Winnetka fire station.
- Jonas Bevacqua, one of the founders of hip-hop clothing line LRG, was found dead in his Laguna Beach home at the age of 34.
- An Irvine teenager involve din a traffic accident with a drunk driver has died.