This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Justin Bieber paid an LA jeweler $25,000 to create a diamond necklace of Stewie Griffin.
- LA Police Chief Charlie Beck says he's confident that they have the right guy in custody for the beating of Bryan Stow.
- The San Diego family of four found drowned is believed to have been a murder-suicide planned by both parents.
- Numbers from the Long Beach Pride Festival are in, and the event drew over 80,000 revelers.
- The Costa Mesa city worker who died after jumping from City Hall was found to have cocaine in his system.
- 10,000 honeybees have descended upon a golf course in Laguna Beach.
- LA Times columnist Hector Tobar writes about how to be a real Angeleno.