LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Justin Bieber paid an LA jeweler $25,000 to create a diamond necklace of Stewie Griffin.
- LA Police Chief Charlie Beck says he's confident that they have the right guy in custody for the beating of Bryan Stow.
- The San Diego family of four found drowned is believed to have been a murder-suicide planned by both parents.
- Numbers from the Long Beach Pride Festival are in, and the event drew over 80,000 revelers.
- The Costa Mesa city worker who died after jumping from City Hall was found to have cocaine in his system.
- 10,000 honeybees have descended upon a golf course in Laguna Beach.
- LA Times columnist Hector Tobar writes about how to be a real Angeleno.