This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A law office manager in Santa Ana was charged with embezzling over $500,000 from the firm she worked for.
- Following an argument over whether a gun should be kept in their home, a 35-year-old man allegedly shot his father.
- Two men have been arrested in connection with a stabbing at Michelle's donut shop on Santa Monica and Edgemont.
- Police in El Segundo and Manhattan Beach are holding a fundraiser in support of the Special Olympics.
- Some wonder whether the name of Schwarzenegger's mistress should have been revealed.
- The U. S. Supreme Court has ruled that tens of thousands of inmates should be removed from California prisons over the course of several years, to reduce overcrowding.
- A U.S. Bank in Laguna Beach was robbed.